January 1, 2023

Life // New Years Resolutions 2023

I'd like to clear up some space in my head by writing down my resolutions for the new year. It would be pleasant to note it down so that I can remove it from my head as I keep adding more and more things that I'd like to pursue this year and well, I will simply do none of it if it's not organized. This past year, more than ever, I learned that I love to organize information so that it's clear for me. Making lists in google sheets is one of my favorite hobbies because of that. It's really terribly mundane but it works for me. 
 
So let's note down some things that I'd like to do this year; 

  • Be more active physically, long walks in the city are my favorite.
  • Attempt to eat healthier, perhaps more emotionally fulfilling salads and surely less cheese (I love cheese, but sadly it's not a reciprocated love) 
  • Sort out which albums I'd like to own on vinyl and make attempts to procure them. Preferably for a lovely price. 
  • Make an effort to go to more museums. 
  • Try to read some of the slightly more challenging books on my to read list. 
  • Perhaps attempt to finish reading Infinite Jest (It's such a behemoth of a book, it deserves its own bullet point really) 
  • Pursue some creative hobbies, like painting or making simple jewelry. 
  • Collect more interesting vintage items. In general, try to shop more second hand. 
  • Try my hand at dancing, likely in the living room with the curtains closed. 
  • Be a little more social with a larger variety of people. 
  • Write more song lyrics and/or short stories. 

It would probably be easy to conjure up a few more ideas but I feel like this is a very decent list for the year. Most of the points are vague enough that I feel no amount of pressure to reach a specific end goal. Overall I am quite pleased with my ideas and I'd like to see where future me will end up. If anyone is still reading this, I'd love to know what type of things you would like to do this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment